The project consists of remediation of 57no. apartments in eleven blocks and 69no. carparks on a site of approx. 15,503m2 completed in two stages.
- The Final Account for the above project has been certified in the amount of $108,252.82 (incl GST) less than the Contractor's Claim
- We have achieved substantial savings on the client’s behalf during the course of the contract through meticulous evaluation and careful negotiation and agreement of variation claims and provisional sum expenditure.
- The aggregate total of reductions/savings achieved between the variation claims presented by the contractor during the course of the contract and the final agreed value of the variation claims is over $852,457.98 (excl GST) or $980,326.68 (incl GST)
- This represents savings of over 17% of the agreed Variations and Provisional Sum expenditure (excluding the owner requested variations of $2,073,000) and over 4% of the entire agreed Final Account including contract works.
- In addition, Quantum successfully negotiated and achieved over $350,000 of supplier cost savings on the specified products, over and above the suppliers normal trade discount.
- 2021 NZIOB National Awards Finalist for substantial savings achieved (over $987,000 or 18% of variations)
The property is located in 130 Great South Road, Remuera, Auckland and zoned “Business – Mixed Used Zone.”
Quantity Surveying - Quantum® QS
Contract Administration - Quantum® QS
Tax Cost Apportionment - Quantum® QS
Supplier Cost Savings - Quantum® QS
Consent and Design Status
Commenced - completed
Completion - completed
Construction duration approx. 2.5 years
Project Value approx. $21.4m
- Quantum’s contribution proved invaluable... collaborative and interactive... exemplary... a very successful outcome...savings achieved $980,326..over 17% of ...variations and 4% of the agreed final account...cannot praise Quantum enough...Quantum's early establishment of sound contract terms and conditions provide a very solid base...part of a coherent and results driven project team, they maintained excellent working relationships, disputes were avoided, all of which strove to a successful outcome of the project...expertise in implementing and managing robust and reliable processes....no-nonsense approach in negotiating variations...The body corporate would like to thank and congratulate Quantum on their outstanding performance.
Ian Harris, Body Corporate Representative, Body Corporate 182026
Block A - 4no. townhouses - 4no. carports
Block B - 7no. townhouses - 7no. garages
Block C - 4no. townhouses - 4.no. garages
Block D - 3no. townhouses - 3no. double garages
Block J - 6no. townhouses - 6no. garages
Block K - 7no. townhouses - 7no. carports
Block L - 9no. townhouses - 9no. double garages
Block M - 17no. townhouses - 17no. garages
TOTAL - 57no. townhouses - 69no. carparks